Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Smashbox HD Concealer Review

I am quite hesitant to do a review on this product because I know that It's not available locally,Or maybe I'm wrong but i believe you can avail this online so ill just do this if you have plans on purchasing.

I actually got it two weeks ago from an online seller from IG to be specific shes destashing her make-up or in other words yes! it's already used. But before anyone reacts let me explain myself, I believe that make-up products placed in a squeeze tube type of packaging is OK because they are not prone to bacteria or anything that can harm your skin since the previous user didn't dip her fingers directly to the said product.

This comes in a set for 700 pesos together with Nars Orgasm Illuminator and Smashbox Illuminating Foundation Primer both are sample sizes and already used.

PACKAGING:


For the packaging as I've said earlier it comes with this squeeze type of tube and the labeling is quilted that's why the writing doesn't fade as easily unlike the other products that I've tried. I believe mine is a sample size also but the regular tubes contains 8 ml or .3 fl oz just like the other brand of concealers,


 Consistency is very creamy which I love, doesn't have bothering scent to it and damn!!!! it blends like a dream and its so lightweight.

COVERAGE:

    With Concealer                                                         Without Concealer

This photo looks weird I know, but I hope you can spot the difference.

 MY THOUGHTS
  • I really enjoy applying this under my eyes because it blends well on bare face, it also brightens them and make me look more awake.
  •  I also applied this on the scars that I have on my cheeks but it didn't impressed me because it has a light to medium coverage. 
  • I also accidentally poke my eye with my mascara and my eye started tearing and the concealer creases like crazy that I have to apply another layer,
  • It sinks onto any lines that you have therefore I don't recommend this for older women who have wrinkles.
  • Doesn't breaks me out.
  • Longevity depends on the base that the concealer adhere to.
  • Looks great on photos
  • Blends seamlessly together with foundations.
  • Doesn't oxidizes like crazy and make you look like an oompa loompa after several hours, suits well with Asian skin tone.

Overall I believe that concealers should be full coverage since it's purpose is to cover imperfections, I really regret buying this although it's second hand, but at least I got the chance to try out higher end make up brand but really this product is depressing.

 I wouldn't recommend this guys I'm sorry if I let you down but especially with the weather that we have? there's no chance unless if your just gonna stay on an air conditioned room all day. Lastly this is only available online and I'm telling you it's expensive as heck. Now I know why the previous owner disposed it haha.  

  








   

2 comments:

  1. aww, sorry that this product doesn't lived up to its claims =( Looking at the product itself, the packaging and consistency seems quite nice =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup kinda dissapointing since this brand is well known for thier best seller primer

      Delete