Friday, October 12, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip butter in Cotton Candy Review


Hi ladies, I have here another product review and I know that this one is very familiar to you guys. Revlon Lip butters have been popular around YT and beauty blogs, most reviews I watched and read are raves about this product. Now I finally decided to make my own review about the shade that I got.
This product has a really nice packaging, It came with a quilted design on the plastic outer sleeves that give a high end feel to it. Each packaging colors matches the exact shades inside so therefore choosing the shade is a breeze.  

Swatches:
Cotton candy is a soft, light medium pink with subtle cool undertones with shimmer. 

To tell you guys the truth this shade is a bit disappointing (in my opinion) I am expecting more pigmentation since this is so pricey for a tinted lip balm. I cant wear this alone because it doesn't look good on me but this one is really moisturizing and glides on easily.
  As you can see in this photo this lip butter thingy is such a mess, It melts like crazy I don't know why. I have to use a wet wipes each time I use this to clean the tube.
I also have to use lip liner before applying the lip butter, in this case I got to enhance the color a little bit, sometimes I use EB matte lipstick in mauve underneath and the lip butter for finishing touches.  

Overall I still loving this product, It's really moisturizing on the lips and I am open to try out other shades that they have. What shade can you recommend for me girls? feel free to comment below. happy weekend:)  



4 comments:

  1. I also find this shade quite disappointing but my 2 favorites would have to be raspberry pie and lollipop b/c those 2 are packed with pigmentation :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna check-out the other shades but I'd rather spend more on lipstick than this lip butters. thanks for reading:)

      Delete
  2. yea, i also thought it would have more pigmentation. the shade is still pretty though! thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete