Monday, September 24, 2012

Mary Kay Mineral Eye color + compact Review


Hey Loves, we are now down into the last week of September and I'm quite happy that I posted a bunch of posts this month here on my blog than I usually do hurray!!. To start the week of blogging I'm gonna share w/ you guys a product review about the Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color and compact. 
I currently own three eye-shadows from Mary Kay and I'm gonna feature all of them here on my review.
Individual Photos below:
Green Olive

Steel

Silky Caramel
These eye-shadows comes in this minimal white plastic container and the pans measures smaller than a postage stamp, wondering why? because they are meant to be put into Mary Kay empty palettes which they sell separately and I'm gonna show you that later. Each pan contains a 1.4 grams of the product with an SRP of Php330.00. 

 I also have this empty palette that I bought for Php.595.00 I know It's expensive for an unfilled compact. But the good thing is It's tiny enough to tuck anywhere, and you can have a customizable options. It has a mirror and a hidden compartment for your tools or mini applicators which you can buy from them only. The compact design features the easy to use magnetic refill system. 


All of the eye-shadows placed in the palette.
As what I've said earlier they also sell this applicator duo for Php.50.00 these two have great quality bristles and sponge which you can use alone to apply and blend your eye colors.
Swatches of the eye-shadows without primer from left to right: 
  • Silky Caramel- a matte skin tone color with a very smooth texture (I believe you can't barely see it).
  • Steel- Metallic gray color with a very silky smooth texture and very pigmented.
  • Green Olive- very pigmented, no glitter eye-shadow and of course it has a very silky smooth texture as well.
Pros:
  • Easy to blend
  • Contains vitamin A, C and E to help protect against wrinkle-causing free radical.
  • The colors are vibrant
  • Long Lasting with or w/out primer (last up to 8 hours for me)
  • Looks great in all skin tone
  • Very Pigmented
  • No fall-out
Cons:
  • You can only buy all of there products through Mary Kay Beauty Consultant's.
  • If your a newbie in make-up this might be too pricey for you.
  • They only sell single eye-shadows just like mac and it might hard for you to choose a very good color combination.
  • Applicators and palette are being sold separately and pricey.
Overall:
I treat them as a high-end cosmetic product because of the price and the quality. It's a good investment to collect because you really get what you pay for. I really recommend this to try out. I'm planning to complete the colors If given a chance and budget.

Curios about the Ingredients? check em out here:






 

2 comments:

  1. wow it looks so classy and elegant! I think it is quite nice because you can customize your own palette though it's very pricey compared to the normal palette. Thanks for sharing! Great shades too ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice in a way that you can customize everything from shadows to blushes and they have a really great pigmentation it's worth the money.

      Delete